Friday, January 9, 2009

A Boring Journey: From Geek to Nerd

In my odd life, I come across many odd people. Some meet me, some don’t. Some make good friends, some don’t. It all depends upon the environment.

And one day I came across a guy was very desperate about taking a nick name for him. “Some call me Nerd and some call me Geek”, he said,” though both sound good, I want to take only one of them”

It’s true; many people get confused with these two teaser-words. But Geek has rather negative image compared to Nerd. So I said to take Nerd.

But all that I didn’t understand was how would he manage to get that image. If I were him I could have asked, begged each and every person to call me Nerd. That is the only plan I could think of.

But this fellow had a Plan-B. He started wearing T-Shirts which were labeled “I am Nerd”.

And you know what? People started to call him Dunce.

The big moral of this small story is that don’t mess up with what you are not good at.

No comments: